Before undergoing an operation, most people experience some form of anxiety. Although this response is common, it is not unproblematic, and treatment often involves a sedative with a whole host of possible side effects. But new research may have found an alternative. The biggest issue with preoperative anxiety is its ability to affect recovery, including wound healing. Typically, people receive benzodiazepines — drugs that act as sedatives — to lower anxiety levels before receiving anesthesia. Full story at…Read More
UNLIMITED Cheap CEUs for One Low Price!
- Wearable sensor may help to assess stress in healthcare workers June 5, 2020
- Expression of certain genes may affect vulnerability to post-traumatic stress disorder June 3, 2020
- Extra choline may help pregnant women decrease negative effects of COVID-19 on their newborns June 2, 2020
- Young People Are Lonelier and More Suspicious of Others June 1, 2020
- Cyber-Politics on Social Media May 29, 2020