Portia Smith’s most vivid memories of her daughter’s first year are of tears. Not the baby’s. Her own. “I would just hold her and cry all day,” Smith said. At 18, Smith was caring for two children, 4-year-old Kelaiah and newborn Nelly, with little help from the partner in her abusive relationship. The circumstances were difficult, but she knew the tears were more than that. “I really didn’t have a connection for her,” said Smith,…Read More
UNLIMITED Cheap CEUs for One Low Price!
- Repeated head impacts associated with later-life depression symptoms, worse cognitive function June 29, 2020
- New Study Sees Unprecedented Trauma from the Pandemic June 25, 2020
- Does Bedtime Media Use Harm Children’s Sleep? Only if They Struggle to Self-Regulate Behavior June 24, 2020
- Pioneers, Mentors, and Diversity in Animal Behavior Science June 23, 2020
- Who Uses Drugs and Why? June 22, 2020