Study results published in Lancet Public Health underscores the significant worldwide burden of disease attributable to alcohol. Alcohol-attributable death rates were highest in Eastern Europe, sub-Saharan Africa, and countries with low human development indices (HDIs). Across countries, alcohol use disproportionately affected young people and men. Kevin Shield, PhD, led study efforts to investigate global trends in the alcohol-related burden of disease. The investigators conducted a comparative risk assessment for 2000, 2005, 2010, 2015, and 2016 using alcohol exposure…Read More
UNLIMITED Cheap CEUs for One Low Price!
- Repeated head impacts associated with later-life depression symptoms, worse cognitive function June 29, 2020
- New Study Sees Unprecedented Trauma from the Pandemic June 25, 2020
- Does Bedtime Media Use Harm Children’s Sleep? Only if They Struggle to Self-Regulate Behavior June 24, 2020
- Pioneers, Mentors, and Diversity in Animal Behavior Science June 23, 2020
- Who Uses Drugs and Why? June 22, 2020