Antipsychotic drugs — which transformed mental health care following their chance discovery in the mid-20th Century — may finally be poised for a long-overdue makeover incorporating structure-based design. Scientists funded by the National Institutes of Health have achieved a landmark of psychiatric neuropharmacology: deciphering the molecular structure of a widely prescribed antipsychotic docked in its key receptor. They are hopeful that this discovery may hold secrets to designing better treatments for schizophrenia, bipolar disorder, and…Read More
UNLIMITED Cheap CEUs for One Low Price!
- Wearable sensor may help to assess stress in healthcare workers June 5, 2020
- Expression of certain genes may affect vulnerability to post-traumatic stress disorder June 3, 2020
- Extra choline may help pregnant women decrease negative effects of COVID-19 on their newborns June 2, 2020
- Young People Are Lonelier and More Suspicious of Others June 1, 2020
- Cyber-Politics on Social Media May 29, 2020